Choose from our range of lens colours
Blue Mirrored Black Lenses
Silver Mirrored Black Lenses
Extreme Dark Black Lenses
Red-Orange Mirrored Black Lenses
Gold Mirrored Solid Brown Lenses
Lens Types and Materials at The Sunglass Fix
have a polarization film built into them. These films act as millions of microscopic mirrors that reflect light that comes from the top and bottom of the lens. This prevents glare reflections from roads, snow and water hitting your eyes. Our lenses are made from one of the best performing Japanese polarization films which is rated at a 99.9% efficacy rate.
Polarized lenses are found in many sports brands and are not very common in fashion eye-wear. However, many of our customers opt to upgrade to a polarized lens in fashion eye-wear for the added glare protection and soothing performance they deliver.
Additionally, many migraine sufferers find that polarized lenses work well at reducing the onset of migraine headaches.
Polycarbonate Lenses (PC)
Polycarbonate lenses are one of the most common sunglasses lenses found on the market. Most fashion and sports sunglasses use this medium in their lenses. It is a very safe lens and is the only lens to be used for safety glasses.
It's optical properties are not as good as glass or our Ultimate lenses and they can slightly distort or magnify things. However, this is subtle and most users do not notice it. However, if you have sensitive eyes you will be better off with our Ultimate lenses.
SFx Ultimate Lenses
Our Ultimate Lenses
are made from polyamide. This material has similar optical properties as glass lenses. However, they are 1/3 the weight of glass and are significantly safer as they do not break. They last longer than most polycarbonate lenses and provide clearer vision. Polyamide lenses are found in some of the top models from high end sport manufacturers. While most manufactures use polycarbonate for their mid range sunglasses they will put Polyamide in their top of the line models.
Ultimate lenses can not be used as safety lenses. They can withstand a steel ball traveling at 120 feet per second. Safety requirements demand 150 feet per second which is what polycarbonate, the most common safety lens, can withstand.
** Not all colors are available in all lens models
** We are no longer custom coloring sunglass lenses at this point in time but new colours are added regularly
Sunglass Replacement Lenses Custom Made for your Frames with Free Installation
Can't find sunglass replacement lenses for your model? Diffiuculty making out that worn out model number on the arm of your sunglasses? Just want us to install your sunglass replacement lenses for you? You have found the right place. Just select the type of lenses and colour you would like in your sunglass frames, elect your shipping option, then leave the rest to The Sunglass Fix.
Once your frames arrive we will make and install your choice of lens in your sunglasses. We also tighten your hinges and do a general clean up of your sunglasses.
Try our award winning sunglass lens replacement service and experience why so many of our customers claim our lenses perform better than their originals lenses. We offer one of the best lens guarantees on the market and stand behind our products and services.
The Sunglass Fix manufactures and sources its own line of sunglass lenses.** We professionally shape our lenses to fit almost any sunglass frame on the market.* We supply lenses for optometrist around the world as well as high end sunglass manufacturers. However, we take great pride in offering lenses directly to consumers like you so you can keep your sunglasses performing like new for years to come at a fraction of the price you originally paid.
How Does it Work?
- We need your frames and original lenses if you still have them
- We ask that customer place an order before sending in their frames. This way we know what you want, who to ship the completed sunglasses back to, and the process is not delayed waiting for payment.
- Ordering is simple, select lens type you want, the colour option, and the shipping option. Press order and check out. We will follow up within one business day with detailed shipping instructions.
How Long Does it Take to get new lenses?
Most of the end to end time will be the postal transit time getting your sunglasses to and from our Lab. Normally, once we receive your sunglasses we make and install new sunglass lenses in 2 to 4 business days. This does depend on how many jobs we have in our queue. However, in the rare instance where it takes us over 5 business days we will contact you.
For difficult jobs, such as rimless sunglasses, it may take us a little longer as the require significantly more time to design and create your lenses.
Most sunglasses can be shipped from anywhere in the world to Australia for around $12 USD using 1st class air mail. We've been doing this for customers around the world for 8 years now and find it very safe and reliable.
Within Australia expect to pay $7.45 depending on type of post you use or try our pick up and delivery service.
Things to Know:
- We can not make single mask, goggle lenses where one lens covers both eyes.
- We require yoru frames. Making lenses from lenses seldom results in a proper fit as we have nothing to test against. Do not send just your lenses in as they will be returned at your cost.
- *We have no affiliation with the original manufactures. Most sunglass manufacturers do not offer replacement lenses or make it difficult and expensive to replace them. We just make our own line of great sunglass lenses so people like you can replace your lenses for as little as 5% of your original purchase price.
- Closest Match lenses are usually from the colours in the selection list. Please note that there are thousands of sunglass colours and mirroring options. We try to carry the most common and usually match them well but there may be slight differences in colours, tints, and mirroring from your originals. If you want an exact match you may be better visiting your optometrist or contacting the manufacturer for replacement lenses.